[Bldg-sim] Window 5 - Creating a laminated glazing system

Sam Mason sam.mason at atelierten.com
Wed Jun 18 09:36:24 PDT 2008

Jay,

PVB layers exist in the optic5 database and you have to create the
laminate like Charlie said and import into windows5.

There is good documentation from optics 5 and windows 5 about importing,
but the fine details will probably give you a headache. The
documentation to import a layer into optics is available here:
http://windows.lbl.gov/materials/optics5/documentation/import_a_layer_in
_optics.htm

Documenation for importing from optics to windows is here:
http://windows.lbl.gov/software/window/FAQ/GlassLibUpdate.html

 I contacted Viracon for a a couple glazing files that are not in the
windows 5 database and the two people I spoke with were both very
helpful and sent me instructions for importing from optics to windows.
With their info, the documentation, and a little patience, it finally
worked out.

I sent you the two pdfs they sent me.

Sam

--