[Bldg-sim] Window 5 - Creating a laminated glazing system

D. Charlie Curcija curcija at designbuildersoftware.com
Wed Jun 18 09:16:13 PDT 2008

Jay,

You can not create laminates in WINDOW5.  Laminates are created in OPTICS5
(another tool that can be downloaded from windows.lbl.gov/software) and then
they need to be imported in WINDOW5 as equivalent monolithic layers, but
with correct properties as laminate.  In WINDOW program you can not have two
layers touching each other.  They have to be separated by a gas gap.  This
process of creating laminates or applied films in OPTICS and import into
WINDOW is not quite straightforward, so you may want to consider training
session.  We are one of the companies that offer this service.

Charlie Curcija

DesignBuilder Software

  _____