[Bldg-sim] Outdoor-air ERV and Heat Pumps in eQuest

TanGeorge georgebldg at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 20:00:06 PDT 2008

Hi folks,
I am trying to model an office building that is served by an energy recovery ventilator (ERV) w/ heating and water source heat pumps. The ERV supplies 100% fresh air to conditioned spaces, and the heat pumps provides space cooling and heating. In general, each room/space has one ceiling mounted heat pump. I have two questions:
1. How to handle the relationship of ERV and heat pumps in eQUEST for this case? The difficulty for me is that in eQUEST one space only can be served by one air system and an air system must have at least one zone for service.2. How to handle the boilers in the water loop of heat pumps and hot water loop of ERV? In reality, the water loop of heat pumps connects to hot water loop through heat exchanger.

Thanks!
George