[Bldg-sim] VENT FAN end-use in eQUEST

Bill bkoran at qwest.net
Tue Mar 4 21:12:39 PST 2008

I spent several years with DOE-2 modeling in the early 1990s, but I am rusty
and I am a new eQUEST user, so I have what should be a basic question:

I was checking the reasonableness of an eQUEST run by comparing the annual
end-use data with data from the California End-Use Survey--CEUS.

In doing so, I learned that the Vent Fans end-use kWh in eQUEST appears to
only include the kWh associated with providing outside air ventilation, not
the total fan kWh.  I checked Report SV-A, the annual reports, and the
hourly reports, and compared them to what I would calculate for fan energy
based on the input CFM and a reasonable pressure rise, and this seems pretty
clear.  However, this inference seems to contradict the documentation, so I
am not sure.

What is included in the VENT / VENT FANS end-use, and what is included in
the COOL end-use?

FWIW, the systems are packaged VAV.

Thanks,

Bill

William E. Koran, P.E.
Senior Engineer
Q u E S T
Quantum Energy Services and Technologies
3945 Parker Road
West Linn, OR  97068
Voice: 503-557-7828
Fax: 510-540-7268