[Bldg-sim] Updated IRS Notice for Commercial Building EnergyTax Deductions

Randy Wilkinson randy at hvacware.net
Thu Mar 13 16:36:38 PDT 2008

Correction:  DOE2-1E Version 119 and DOE2.1E-JJH version 130 are
approved.  eQuest uses DOE2.2.  "DOE-2.2 is much changed and upgraded
from 2.1E."  according to the DOE2 web site.  DOE2.2 is NOT approved for
EPACT05 related simulation.

The eQuest developers have been noticeably quiet about this.  I suspect
that they are unwilling to jump thru government hoops for free software
to comply with a tax deduction that was only supposed to be available
for two years...and nobody could figure it out the first tax season.

Randy Wilkinson