[Bldg-sim] Shades in eQuest or DOE-2?

Edward.A.Decker at jci.com Edward.A.Decker at jci.com
Mon Mar 31 06:04:38 PDT 2008

Hello Andrew,

I am not sure if building shades can be created from the wizard mode.
However, they can be created from the detailed mode. From the building
shell module, right-click on the 'Building Shades' folder and select
create building shade. There  are further  instructions in the DOE 2 help
file, just search 'building shades.'

Regards,

Eddie

"Andrew Pierson" <pierson at uiuc.edu>
Sent by: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
03/28/2008 03:07 PM

<bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org>
cc

Subject
[Bldg-sim] Shades in eQuest or DOE-2?

Thank you all for your responses.  I am having trouble finding the fixed
shades and building shades in eQuest.  I noticed the shades are in the
DOE-2 Help but not the eQuest Help files.  Is it possible to have trees as
building shades or fixed shades in eQuest?  Could I be missing a plug-in?
Also, when I click on the ?Project & Site? tab, the screen says ?no
spreadsheet currently defined?.  I am obviously missing a step as far as
implementing these building shades.  Any ideas?

Thanks everybody.

Andrew