[Bldg-sim] Appendix G Baseline System for un-air conditioned zoo building

Allan Fox afox at osborn-eng.com
Thu May 15 12:48:03 PDT 2008

I am currently modeling a zoo building that is heated and ventilated
only.  According to ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G, I have to model both heating
and air conditioning even if no air conditioning exists. For this size
building I have to model a System 3 - rooftop air conditioner with gas
heat for both the base building and the proposed building. Is there
anything in Appendix G that would prevent me from setting  the cooling
thermostat setpoint up to 90 degrees to prevent cooling energy from
being included in the simulation as long as I use the same setting for
both proposed and base models?
--
* *

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allan Fox, P.E. CBCP, LEED AP*
Senior Mechanical Engineer
afox at osborn-eng.com <mailto:afox at osborn-eng.com>

*OSBORN ENGINEERING
*1300 East 9th Street  Suite 1500  |  Cleveland, OH 44114*
t *216 861 2020 *x*3040 |  *f *216 861 3329  |  *osborn-eng.com
**
*The information in this e-mail message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) as addressed, and may
contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
copying, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
destroy all copies of the original message. To view the complete email
disclosure statement, please visit our website at:
http://www.osborn-eng.com/disclosure.html
© Copyright 2008 The Osborn Engineering Company. All rights reserved.