[Bldg-sim] Balance point temperature for houses

David Bryan DBryan at AmerIndian.com
Fri May 9 11:16:28 PDT 2008

Vikram -

The balance point tool looks extremely useful during the building design stages when it wpould be much more practical than a detailed energy model.
I look forward to its availability.
Do you intend it to be for commercial as well as residential buildings?
In that case it would need a way to input code-required minimum ventilation rates with some heat exchange options.
The formula Qint = M*Cp UAbld x (Tdes-Tbal) looks odd. Maybe I don't understand the units, but should that be Qint = (M/hr*Cp + UAbld) x (Tdes-Tbal)?

Thanks,

Dave Bryan
AIA, LEED

AmerINDIAN Architecture