[Bldg-sim] 90.1 climate zone

Larry Degelman ldegelman at suddenlink.net
Wed Nov 26 13:42:19 PST 2008

90.1 climate zoneHello Yuvaraj:

Mexico City climate is a 3A classification and therefore there is no requirement for an economizer system.

The annual average temperature is 64F, and the annual rainfall is 25.7 inches.  Using the formula on page 112 of 90.1-2007, the precipitation criteria is 19.58".  Since the 25.7" does not fall below 19.58", it fails in the criteria for dry zone B.  It also fails to meet the marine criteria (zone C), and therefore it classifies as moist (zone A).

Regards,

Larry
Larry O. Degelman, P.E.   ldegelman at suddenlink.net
Professor Emeritus of Architecture