[Bldg-sim] 90.1-1999 Budget Case fan power question

Dan Russell danr at engineeringinc.com
Tue Nov 11 11:17:30 PST 2008

Chris - I believe you are on the right track.

The following 90.1-1999 definition applies:

fan system energy demand (or fan system power): the sum of the nominal power demand (nameplate horsepower) of motors of all fans that are required to operate at design conditions to supply air from the heating or cooling source to the conditioned space(s) and return it to the source or exhaust it to the outdoors.

So, you would have to include:  Supply fans (fan coils, make-up air unit), Return fans (if separate from supply fans) and Exhaust fans.

Thanks,

 Dan Russell, EIT