[Bldg-sim] Air leakage, LEED, and Appendix G of ASHRAE 90.1

Leonard Sciarra leonard_sciarra at gensler.com
Wed Aug 26 15:18:59 PDT 2009

If I were the USGBC and I were to give credit for air tightening/air
leakage I would simply state in the modeling rules, if you are going to
take credit you need to do whole building testing or for a large
building major sections that are representative of the work.

Likewise if I were submitting to the USGBC I would state that in the
rationale.  To do whole building testing, while doable is still a new
industry and the USGBC should be working towards bringing whole building
testing into the mainstream.

Leonard Sciarra
Senior Associate
+1 (312) 577.6580 Direct