[Bldg-sim] DX Cooling EIR Ratio Curve

Jonathan Curtin jcurtin at WylieAssociates.com
Fri Feb 13 10:55:07 PST 2009

Shaojie,

I believe you should be concerned with the wetbulb temp of the mixed air
entering the coil (unless you are 100% OA). If I remember correctly, I
went through the same analysis once. It becomes a little difficult
because I don't believe the mixed air wetbulb is a variable that you'll
find available in the hourly reports. But if you do the manual
calculation things should start to come together.

Good luck,

  Jonathan M. Curtin, EIT, LEED(r) AP
  Mechanical Engineer

________________________________

From: bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:bldg-sim-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of eric wang
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 12:48 PM
To: bldg-sim at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Bldg-sim] DX Cooling EIR Ratio Curve

Hi,

I used the default DX Cooling EIR Ratio Curve (DX-Cool-Cap-fEWB&OAT) in
eQUEST. The variables are t entering wetbulb and t enter condenser. I
assume these refer to outside air wet and dry bulb temperatures. After
exporting outside air wet and dry bulb temperatures in hourly report,
the value of "Temp correction to COOLING-EIR" I calculated is different
to the one in the hourly report by using the curve coefficients. Can
anyone point out if my understanding is correct?

Thanks a lot for your help

Shaojie

Legal Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is confidential and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521; it may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the above named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are expressly prohibited from copying, distributing, disseminating, or in any other way using any of the information contained within this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by telephone at (713) 781-2526 or by response via email and permanently delete the original email (including attachments) and any copies.