[Bldg-sim] 90.1 Appendix G heating with no cooling on Trace 700

James V. Dirkes II P.E. jvd2pe at tds.net
Mon Jan 5 13:33:45 PST 2009

Dear Nick,

I think past discussion on this list agreed that you can model a cooling
system which has very high setpoints.  I recall (though you'll have to check
past threads) that there may even have been a CIR which acknowledged this as
legitimate.

Regardless, the practice fulfills the "spirit" of the ASHRAE standard and
LEED.  You want to create a faithful model that predicts something
realistic.  A 95F stat does the trick (in my opinion)

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504