[Bldg-sim] Earth Air Heat Exchanger (EAHX, EAHE) - simulation results import to eQuest?

Blue, Thomas S Mr CTR USA IMCOM thomas.s.blue at us.army.mil
Mon Mar 30 08:44:11 PDT 2009

We are trying to model an earth air heat exchanger (EAHX) applied to a
small office building in eQuest. The ventilation system schematic is
below.

^

Exterior->Inlet->Grill->Filter->Fan->AAHX->Diverter->EAHX->Diverter->Fil
ter->Heater->Dehum->Office--
                                              |       |                ^
                                              V       V                |
                                            Grill     ------------------

                                            Outlet

                                           Exterior

Q: 745 cfm (continuous air flow)          A: 1668 sf (building gross
area)
V: 15012 cf (building gross volume)       E: 3/hr (average air changes)

The EAHX has been modeled for a year span with both a spreadsheet and
GAEA. I have searched the bldg-sim listserv archives on modeling EAHXs
in eQuest and read the posts I found. One post from Demba Ndiaye to
Neeraj Kapoor (Mon Jun 23 06:17:09 PDT 2008) stated; "I recently modeled
a ground-to-air heat exchanger using GAEA. You can download a free trial
version at WWW: http://nesa1.uni-siegen.de/. You can import back the
results into eQuest."

My question is: How do I import the EAHX simulation results into eQuest?

We have a working knowledge of eQuest and can comfortably run basic
scenarios, but are not experienced users.

Thanks!

--

Thomas S Blue PE PLS

Fort Bragg Sustainable Facilities Planner

Building 3-1634 Butner Road Fort Bragg NC 28310

910-396-7523 / thomas.s.blue at us.army.mil