[Bldg-sim] Role of Global Solar radiation in Simulation

Joe Huang joe at drawbdl.com
Fri Mar 20 12:13:09 PDT 2009

Aviruch,

There are a number of models that estimate the split between direct and
diffuse radiation, mostly based on the KT (ratio of the global radiation
to the extraterrestrial radiation).  The simplest and perhaps easiest to
use model assumes a Gompertz function. Attached is a paper by a
colleague of mine who's applied this model to measured data for Asian
locations.

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies