[Bldg-sim] Multiple Buildings

Vishal Garg vishal at iiit.net
Tue Oct 27 15:48:32 PDT 2009

You might like to refer this:
http://www.greenbuildinggenie.com/tips/leed-issues/item/53-ashrae-is-applicable-to-cluster-or-individual-bldg

In my opinion, ASHRAE 90.1 2004  is applicable to individual buildings, so
the baseline is different for different buildings as per their area and
number of stories. I think you should not sum the areas and then find the
baseline HVAC system.  Take baseline system for each building separately and
then check the compliance for each building independently.

For LEED energy points you can follow Application Guide for Multiple
Buildings and On-Campus Building Projects (AGMBC) available at:
http://www.usgbc.org/ShowFile.aspx?DocumentID=1097

It says:

EA Prerequisite 2: Minimum Energy Performance
Requirements : Each building in a project must independently meet the
requirements of this prerequisite.

EA Credit 1: Optimize Energy Performance

Requirements:
This credit applies to each building within the project scope. To receive a
single rating for a group of buildings, use a weighted average for the group
of buildings based on their conditioned square footage, or aggregate the
data into one PRM calculation, so that performance is achieved by buildings
of varying sizes within a certifying group. Each building must still meet EA
Prerequisite 1 and may receive its own rating if that is desired.

Vishal Garg
Head, Center for IT in Building Science | IIIT-H | Research University |
Gachibowli | Hyderabad 500 032
Website: cbs.iiit.ac.in | Tel#+91 40 6653 1125| Fax: #+91 40 6653 1413|
Mobile # +919949990900| Email: vishal at iiit.ac.in