[Bldg-sim] Multiple Buildings

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Tue Oct 27 16:54:10 PDT 2009

A few things to consider:
Are the buildings part of the same project or building permit? - if separate then 90.1 would apply to them individually.  This is regardless of grouping them into one LEED project for instance.
The definition of "building" in 90.1-2004 is "a structure wholly or partially enclosed within exterior walls..." - so even if combined into one building permit, these three might be treated as separate buildings for system selection purposes, especially if the predominant usage for the three is different based on Exception (a) to G3.1.1 (assuming  you are using the Performance Rating Method and not ECB since you are discussing the building sizes).
Hope this helps, good luck!
David

David Eldridge, PE
LEED(r) AP, HBDP

Grumman/Butkus Associates | 820 Davis Street, STE 300 | Evanston, IL 60201 | Ph: (847) 328-3555, ext 224 | Fax: (847) 328-4550
http://www.grummanbutkus.com
Energy Consultants and Design Engineers