[Bldg-sim] Job Posting; Lord Aeck & Sargent Architects, Atlanta, GA

Tom Butler TButler at lasarchitect.com
Thu Apr 1 06:39:32 PDT 2010

Our Atlanta office is looking for a Senior Building Performance Analyst
to join our Sustainability Team. In keeping with our commitment to the
2030 Challenge, we are looking to expand our in-house energy simulation
capabilities. This position will work with all studios and offices, with
a primary focus on Science and Education studio projects.

Minimum Requirements:
* Must have five to ten years experience with energy modeling and
building analysis
* Proficiency in eQUEST required. Proficiency in Energyplus, Trace, HAP,
Ecotect or IES is a plus
* Familiarity with CAD programs like Autodesk Revit and Google Sketchup
is a plus
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Science required
* Strong understanding of MEP systems a must
* Self motivated individual able to work well in a highly collaborative
studio environment
* LEED Accreditation required; LEED EAc1 documentation experience is a
plus
* Knowledge of building physics and sustainable design, as well as an
ability to read and understand project specifications and drawings are
critical
* Good computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e.,
Outlook, Word, Excel) required. Advanced Excel Skills a plus

Personality Traits:
* Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented; however,
open to change and motivated by innovation
* Great collaborator and communicator - excellent verbal and written
skills are important
* Accustomed to working in cross-studio teams
* Ambitious self-starter with get-it-done attitude who strives for
results and performs well under pressure
* Good sense of humor

The ideal candidate must be self motivated and willing to learn. The
successful candidate's chief responsibilities will include building
energy models, working with project teams to identify and assess energy
efficiency opportunities, support firm research initiatives on best
building practices and assessment of the performance of existing and
recently-completed projects, and preparing reports of findings. The
candidate will be expected to work closely with MEP consultants, and
serve as a bridge between the design team and the MEP team, providing
guidance on conceptual mechanical systems selection. They will report
directly to the firm's Director of Sustainability and work closely with
other sustainable design experts and project teams across the firm. A
successful candidate will need to be a good communicator, with good
presentation skills. Past research building experience is strongly
desired. Please submit your resume online at this address;
https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=498094

Tom Butler, LEED(r) AP, BD+C
Direct Phone 404-253-1435 | Direct Fax 404-253-1335

LORD, AECK & SARGENT ARCHITECTURE
Responsive Design * Technological Expertise * Exceptional Service

www.lordaecksargent.com