[Bldg-sim] DOE2 Glass Library

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu Apr 1 07:15:25 PDT 2010

Just picked up on something concerning me...

Entry #6584 for "Solarban 60 Clr/Arg/Clr 3" lists a Visible
Transmittance (TVIS) of 0.45.  When I select this entry within eQuest,
eQuest tells me it has VT = 0.72 (which notably matches the Solarban
literature).

This is throwing me off a bit... I thought VT and TVIS are the same
thing...  If not, what is the difference and which should we be using to
determine the percentage of light within the visible spectrum that
transmits through glass?

Is this possibly just a typo in the DOE2 Glass library (as accessed
through eQuest)?

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway