[Bldg-sim] District Thermal Energy - LEED v3

David S Eldridge DSE at grummanbutkus.com
Fri Apr 2 15:41:14 PDT 2010

I gave a presentation on this subject in November and the v3 equivalent document was "coming any day now" back then - I haven't seen it yet, although I'm pretty sure someone is working very hard on generating one.  I haven't looked for it since then either.  If not, you can probably use the current Reference Guide along with the 2.2 DES document.

At the time, there was this post from Gail Hampsmire...

http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org/2009-October/020350.html

...suggesting you make adjustments for EAP2, etc.  I would assume this includes substitution of the current energy codes for the prior ones when referring to your registered project.  I'm not sure if there will be other major changes to how the comparisons are structured, or changes in the default DES efficiencies.

Also, will the DES plant be included with one of the three certifications?  Then at least you may only have to guess for two of the projects!

David

David S. Eldridge, Jr., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, HBDP
Project Manager

Direct: (847) 316-9224 | Fax: (847) 328-4550
http://www.grummanbutkus.com

Grumman/Butkus Associates | 820 Davis Street, Suite 300 | Evanston, IL 60201
Energy Efficiency Consultants and Sustainable Design Engineers