[Bldg-sim] Importing glazing from Window 5 to eQuest

Robin Mitchell RDMitchell at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 17 18:14:55 PDT 2010

Arunabha --

In WINDOW 5, the Window Library has a DOE2 "report" that can be saved as a
file to be used with the DOE2 program, which in this case is eQuest. I don't
know if you already did this, and that is how you are getting the error
messages you describe below. In that file is information about the whole
window, including the glazing system, and this is the only way to import
glazing system information into DOE2.

What kind of "custom" glazing data are you generating from Window 5 to be
imported into eQuest ? Can you email me the DOE2 report you are generating
from WINDOW 5, if that is what you are doing ?

Robin Mitchell

Windows & Daylighting Group

Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory