[Bldg-sim] Electricty produced by DG Set ; no grid connection

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 15:50:40 PST 2010

Ankur,

I have not run across the term DG set before and am not sure what a bill for
them would look like. Can you give us a little more information about how
the DG sets operate and how they are billed?

In any case, you should use the same utility, DG sets, schedule for both the
base case and proposed buildings.

Carol

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 3:53 AM, ankur khandelwal <mnitankur at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> In one of our project the electricity to run all the building uses is
> produced by the DG set with in the building Campus. The grid electricity is
> not available at the site and the DG sets are used to produce the
> electricity for the building end-uses.
>

> How should I compare the end-use energy cost of Ashrae BaseCase and my
> Proposed Case?
> Should I take the Ashrae BaseCase also running with DG sets and finally
> compare the cost with diesel to diesel only .
>
> Ankur Khandelwal

Carol Gardner PE