[Bldg-sim] heat gain of children?

Robert Gengelbach rgengelbach at sustainablemech.com
Fri Dec 10 08:24:03 PST 2010

In the Ashrae fundamentals handbook there is a table of heat gains from
people at different activity levels  in the non residential heating and
cooling loads chapter( Chapter 18 of the  2009 version).  Children should be
calculated at 75% of the adult male heat gain value per that table, it has
been in the ASHRAE handbook for years.

cid:image003.png at 01C9AB43.F0BEE290

Robert Gengelbach, PE, LEEDR AP BD+C

Sustainable Mechanical Design Associates, LLC

89 Monroe Center NW

Suite 302

Grand Rapids, MI 49503

P: (616) 776-9009