[Bldg-sim] FW: insulation hot humid climates

P. Hay phay at cwjamaica.com
Thu Feb 25 10:50:16 PST 2010

Subject: RE: [Bldg-sim] insulation hot humid climates

Hello Aushim,

I suspect Bangladesh has a tropical monsoon climate, which I don't have any
information for.  But, prescriptive requirements for the tropical island
location of Kingston Jamaica are as follows:

WALLS:                 No. insulation, if solar absorptivity < 0.7

WINDOWS:         clear glass with internal blinds, Window-to-Wall ratio <
0.35

ROOF (metal):   (a) No skylights, U-value = 0.12 Btu/hr-sq-ft-degF, solar
absorptivity < 0.7; or

                                (b) Skylights with U-value = 0.8
Btu/hr-sq-ft-degF, 2% of roof,

opaque roof U-value = 0.09 Btu/hr-sq-ft-degF, solar absorptivity < 0.45

Best regards,

Paul Hay BA(Arch.), Dip(Bus. Admin.)

Managing Partner

PAUL HAY Capital Projects

Strategic Facility Planning and Implementation

phc-logo0903

P. O. Box 3367

Kingston 8

Jamaica, W.I.