[Bldg-sim] Proposed Energy Modeling Conference - Your Input Requested

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 14:21:10 PST 2010

Lynn,

I imagine you are already familiar with IBPSA's SimBuild conference which
are also energy modeling conferences. If not, you can find info about them
on the IBPSA web site. Would ASHRAE try to make their conferences unique
from IBPSAs in some way? If you could maybe I would consider attending
another conference, if not I probably wouldn't be able to afford it. In any
case, be sure to pick a site that is inexpensive to fly to and stay at. Many
of us modelers are self employed or work for cost conscious companies and
it's hard to justify a lot of expense. If we are self employed we are also
losing income for the duration of the conference so it's kind of a double
hit. For this reason I would also hope that ASHRAE would make every attempt
to keep the conference fee as low as possible. Just some food for thought.

Regards

Carol Gardner