[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE 55-2004 Thermal Comfort Spreadsheet

Gang Tan tangang at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 16:26:26 PDT 2010

Min is right. ASHRAE standard 55-2004 provided computer codes in the
appendix for PMV/PPD calculation. What you need to do is just converting
those codes into a tool that is convenient for yourself, like VB in Excel.
Of course few inputs are needed to run the computer codes, such as mean
radiant temperature which can be obtained from an empirical formula as a
function of air dry-bulb temperature, surrounding wall surface temperatures,
and air movement speed, if I remember correctly.