[Bldg-sim] Modelling Heat Pipe Question in eQUEST.

Kazim Mirza mirzkazim9 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 13:44:16 PDT 2010

Hello All,
              I am modelling a heat pipe in the parametric runs (*my system
has a Make-up air unit and I am adding a heat pipe to it*). The Inputs
eQUEST asks for the following:

(1) *Sensible Effectiveness*: I inputting a value of 0.48.

(2) *Frac. Sensible HX Resistance from Air Films*: The heat pipe
manufacturer does not any thing about this coefficient neither they list in
the catalog. I tried varying the resistance values from 0 to 1 in incerments
of 0.1 - Once I simulate the parametric runs, there are zero savings from
this measure

(3) *Exponent Varying Sensible Air films Resistance*: I varied the values
from 0 to 1 in terms of 0.1. My understanding is that the flows in the Make
up unit are turbulent and hence there has to some number to this exponent.

After I varied these values, and I simulate the parametric runs, there are
zero savings from this measure. The reason I varied these values was that
there were zero savings even for the single value input. I am looking for
little guidance. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kazim Mirza
Energy Engineer
EMCOR Energy Services