[Bldg-sim] Chiller Efficiency

Kimball, Matthew Matthew.Kimball at jacobs.com
Thu Mar 25 09:51:09 PDT 2010

Maybe you can tell me what the COP of a chiller means then, given that it
varies with load, how do you come up with a single COP for a chiller?  Or is
it just the average COP given the operating conditions that the chiller
experiences?  Or are you talking about the integrated part load value?

But yes, however you define the efficiency, (COP, EER, or Power/Ton), I am
geussing that the load removed per unit of input will have to increase by
25%.

Matthew Kimball

  _____