[Bldg-sim] differences between energy simulations programs

Paul Grahovac paul.grahovac at prosoco.com
Wed Mar 24 09:52:59 PDT 2010

Shaun

Certainly a reasonable conclusion -- if you assume the DOE software is
infallible.  I worked at a DOE national lab for 10 years.  They put
their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.  That's where
I learned that engineers don't make mistakes.  They just have "events"
from which they "recover."  In the modeling study I commissioned after
leaving the DOE contractor job, we got the same result regardless of
whether we insulated the slab -- which was curious.  With the UCLA HEED
simulator, I got the best results with significant southern glazing --
which would support the passive solar idea.

Paul Grahovac, LEED AP
PROSOCO, Inc.
785-393-1816 cell