[Bldg-sim] How to model floor using aluminium foil to prevent heat transfer?

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:53:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

I doubt you are able to simulate it by using eQuest. However, it is possible
to simulate it in IES VE (I guess TAS and Energy+ can do the same thing).
Radiant floor can be simulated by 1. top concrete (e.g. 2" of concrete); 2.
radiant piping zone; 3. floor assembly below the radiant piping. For your
case, reflectivity, emiissivity (probably conductivity) should be modified
accordingly between layer 2 and 3.

Regards,

Cheney

LinkedIN @ http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b