[Bldg-sim] ASHRAE 90.2 Modelling for Estidama (Abu Dhabi)

Marcus jones.0bj3 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:34:39 PDT 2011

I've only done 90.1 modeling for Estidama PBRS, but I took a look into 90.2
out of interest.

   - What heating and cooling systems should be used in the baseline
   (prescriptive) building?
      - From 90.2-2007 sec. 8.8.4.1., "equipment of the same DOE product
      class shall be used in the proposed design and prescriptive..."
      - Therefore it depends on your proposed system...
      - What ventilation system/ fan powers should be used in the baseline
   (prescriptive) building?
      - 8.8.4.3., the prescriptive design shall have a similar system
      meeting the prescriptive requirements"
      - Also depends on system... I might use same fan powers for both or
      maybe try the 90.1 sec. G3.1.2.9. fan specs?
      - What should the COPs/ EERs/ efficiencies be for these systems?
      - From 90.2-2007 sec. 6.9., the equipment performance shall be "in
      accordance with federal law or as specified in Table 6.9"
      - Therefore if no federal law, use table 6.9

Hopefully someone with more experience can answer the question more directly
or correct me since I haven't submitted any PVRS, and I recommend raising a
CCR to UPC if you still have trouble.

Cheers, and I hope you report your eventual solution!

Marcus
--
Marcus Jones, LEED AP, M.Sc.
*Freelance energy consultant*