[Bldg-sim] Historical Weather Data for EnergyPlus

Dru Crawley dbcrawley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 10:39:54 PDT 2011

If the gaps are more than a day, I don't think that NREL fills it (near
real-time weather data providers).   You can get data from NCDC as well:
www.ncdc.noaa.gov .  When I just checked for MSP, they have data up until
early August 2011.  As far as the number of hours available in each month,
they show:

726580 14922 MINNEAPOLIS/ST.PAUL            2009 1055  957 1053  997
925  990  963 1052  903 1262  944 1198
726580 14922 MINNEAPOLIS/ST.PAUL            2010 1098 1047 1027  897
998 1074 1003  983 1008  957 1065 1224
726580 14922 MINNEAPOLIS/ST.PAUL            2011 1270 1044 1213 1144
1067 1111 1097  330    0    0    0    0

Total Surface Hourly Observations Available: 32956
Total Station-Years: 3

Yes, there are missing data but I don't see anything as long as you're
talking about.  When I requested this data, NCDC put a price of $40 on it.
The specific data set is:  DS3505 - Surface Data, Hourly Global.