[Bldg-sim] Historical Weather Data for EnergyPlus

Chuck Khuen chuck.khuen at wxaglobal.com
Fri Aug 12 12:46:19 PDT 2011

Dave Bryan
David,

We just finished (last 2 hours) our system for integrating NOAA reanalysis data with ground station observations & it is up right now.  If you pick a weather station location the system will intelligently fill in all gaps in its observations and if you just pick your specific site away from a station, it will use the closest weather station to localize the 35 km resolution reanalysis output from NOAA.  Either way you can get the full actual year of hourly weather data for 2009 (or any other year you want up thru 2010) or a 30 year TMY.  Note 2011 is coming next week.  BTW the data is delivered in csv and also in epw., .bin, and .tm2 formats.  It is $75 but will save you potentially a lot of work/hassel. Direct link = http://wxaglobal.com/GetWeatherData.html

Hope this helps,  Chuck

Chuck Khuen
Principal
Weather Analytics Inc.