[Bldg-sim] LEED Kitchen/Laundry HVAC Systems

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 06:11:08 PST 2011

just as a reminder on using interpretations for 90.1 Chapter 11, which
is the Energy Cost Budget (ECB) method, that Chapter 11/ECB methodology
is not acceptable for leed projects.

per the leed 3.0 manual (page 263, section 4, last sentence of 1st
paragraph):

"A model using the energy cost budget method will not be accepted."

per the leed 2.2 manual, page 177, left column, 2nd full paragraph, last
sentence,

"A model using the Energy Cost Budget Method will NOT be accepted for
credit under EA Credit 1."