[Bldg-sim] Revising Policy Related to Help Wanted Ads and Services Offered

Jason Glazer jglazer at gard.com
Mon Feb 28 14:58:04 PST 2011

Thank you all for the great feedback. I went through all the
comments and tried to figure out the best way to revise some
of the guidelines that are at:

http://onebuilding.org/guidelines.html

Here is a draft of the revised guideline on job announcements:

OLD:   * Job announcements are welcome on the mailing lists
but are restricted to one posting per month on your choice
of one onebuilding.org mailing list.

NEW:    * Job announcements are welcome on the mailing lists
but are restricted to one posting per month. The subject
line must start with the words HELP WANTED. Announcements
must be for a specific jobs available at time of posting.

And here are some new bullet on services offered:

NEW:  * Specific training classes may be announced but are
restricted to two postings per class  on your choice of one
onebuilding.org mailing list. The subject line must start
with the word TRAINING.

NEW:  * New sources of weather data may be announced but are
restricted to two postings per year on your choice of one
onebuilding.org mailing list. The subject line must start
with the word WEATHER.

NEW:  * If you are fully answering a question but also
provide fee based support for future questions, you may
include a single line in your signature block explaining
services offered.

NEW:  * No other services may be offered on the mailing lists.

NEW:  * No resumes or help available postings are allowed on
the mailing lists.

Changing the bullet about cross posting:

OLD:  * Cross posting the same message on multiple mailing
lists is discouraged.

NEW:  * Do not post the same message on multiple mailing
lists within 24 hours.

These are just draft changes. If you have suggestions for
any further changes, please let me know.

Jason