[Bldg-sim] Is there a point to "virtual partitions"?

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 08:52:00 PST 2011

Hello Chris,

It is not a cultural nuance and I use virtual partitions almost everyday.

Why? I have to employ it when

1. I need to setup different internal loads for a space with multi-zone,
such as big open office (you mentioned it in your own definition);
2. I need to simulate displacement ventilation in a space (I will put the
virtual partitions horizontally though to separate occupied and stratified
spaces)
3. I need to define stack effect in some spaces
4. Some other reasons...

> --

Regards,

Cheney