[Bldg-sim] R-410a & EA credit 4 (UNCLASSIFIED)

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Mon Jan 31 09:34:37 PST 2011

I've always found that you have a tougher time achieving this credit with smaller units, since they have more refrigerant per ton. But it is not out of the question...you really have to run the calcs to be sure.

If you have a chiller system, or large packaged RTUs, much easier time, although you still need to make sure the manufacturer's rep doesn't oversize the refrigerant coil to achieve the highest efficiency (and bump you over the allowed 100 refrigerant impact per ton).

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP
Senior Associate
1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 200