[Bldg-sim] Energy Model Costs

David Eldridge dse at grummanbutkus.com
Thu Jul 14 14:26:57 PDT 2011

Try to run models like that at night before you leave.

Most likely you’ll see some savings in run-time (whichever program you use)
by reducing the number of objects in your next project where you see the
opportunity to combine things in a reasonable manner.

I wouldn’t normally include any significant time allocation for simulation
time as you describe, but if you are going to incur it I guess you better
let your boss know to account for that.  Hopefully you can find something
else to work on ahead of time while the calculation proceeds if your next
project has similarly long run times.

David

*
*

*David S. Eldridge, Jr.**, P**.**E**.**, LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, BEAP, HBDP*

Project Manager

Direct: (847) 316-9224 | Fax: (847) 328-4550

*Grumman/Butkus Associates* | 820 Davis Street, Suite 300 | Evanston, IL
60201

Energy Efficiency Consultants and Sustainable Design Engineers

*
*

* *