[Bldg-sim] Approximating GSHP Capacity for SD-Phase

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 09:38:17 PDT 2011

Well, personally I believe it is risky to "work out" a ballpark number
for any given project even at the schematic design stage since ggeothermal
design is very project specific. We are using  GLD2010 and I noticed that
the design is govern by many parameters, such as soil condition (which is
very project specific), borehole number and grid arrangement (for
example, different grid arrangements with same borehole number will give you
totally different results), heating and cooling balance (which is easily to
be ignored at schematic design stage), fluid and U-tube characteristics,
etc. Meanwhile, the ground temperature variation is a long dynamic process
which will keep changing until it reaches a new balance over a long period
of time. All of these will affect your HVAC design significantly.

Regards,

Cheney

LinkedIN @ http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b