[Bldg-sim] Cooling Load in EnergyPlus

Paul Raftery p.raftery at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 06:07:42 PST 2011

Hi Sandeep,

A full list of the available output variables are given in the .rdd file (it
is one of the files output from the simulation). Simply copy the relevant
line from that file into your .idf (or .imf) file, rerun the simulation, and
the new variable(s) will be output to the .csv and .eso files.

e.g. Adding this line to the input file  will give you the convective heat
gain from all interior surfaces in your model.
Output:Variable,*,Surface Int Convection Heat Rate,hourly; !- Zone Average
[W]

Regards,
Paul

On 4 March 2011 13:50, Sandeep Kachhawa <sandeep.kachhawa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Can we get the individual break-up of cooling load in *EnergyPlus*?
> Internal loads (People, Equipment & Lighting), Infiltration loads and
> Window  gains are available but the *gians from Walls and Roof is missing.
> *Surely EnergyPlus does calculate all the above loads to size the Cooling
> Equipment but there is no such specific output.
>
> Regards
> Sandeep Kachhawa

Paul

=====================
Contact Details
=====================
Paul Raftery, BEng(Hons) (Mech), Fulbright Fellow, PhD
http://www.paulraftery.com/
 <http://www.paulraftery.com/>
Postdoctoral Research Engineer
Informatics Research Unit for Sustainable Engineering (IRUSE)
http://www.iruse.ie/

Department of Civil Engineering,
National University of Ireland, Galway,
University Road,