[Bldg-sim] Double Facades - EPlus

Pedro Peixeiro ppeixeiro at lnec.pt
Wed Mar 23 07:38:50 PDT 2011

Hi Francisco.

If your facade is made up of only opaque construction and/or you want to
make a simple study of it, you can check the
SurfaceProperty:ExteriorNaturalVentedCavity. For more detailed
modelling, or if you facade is made of glassings, you should model the
facade as a independent zone, and use airflownetwork objects to setup
openings, virtual partitions and airflow.
Convection on the outside of the facade shouldn't be much of a problem,
the tricky one is the inside convection. EPlus doens't have an algorithm
specified for these kinds of building elements, so you'll have to choose
the one that best suits your needs.

Pedro.