[Bldg-sim] Underground Parking Garages Exhaust Rates

Felipe Duran felipe at b-green.cl
Fri Nov 11 07:16:25 PST 2011

Dear All,

According to 62.1-2004 we have to consider an exhaust rate of 0,75 cfm/ft2 (or 3,7 l/s m2) for parking garages.
To do the calculations I have a couple of questions:

1. Do we have to include the streets within the parking lot on the area calculation or only the parking area (where the cars actually park)?
2. In projects seeking LEED NCv3 IEQc2 "Increased ventilation". Do we have to consider a 30% increase on the parking exhaust rate or that only apply for ventilation rates?

Kind Regards,

Felipe Durán Palma
Director de Proyectos
Arquitecto PUC, Mphil U. Cambridge