[Bldg-sim] Modeling an Exterior Chase

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Nov 9 08:36:28 PST 2011

Agreed.

Tracing the footprint as you have - you are setting up flexibility to
revisit this decision later if you should desire to.  You could easily
come back and define an alternate layered construction to apply to the
associated exterior surfaces later if you need to enhance the model's
accuracy ;).  I also suspect the net effect is probably negligible.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers