[Bldg-sim] Baseline pump efficiencies

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Oct 18 05:10:25 PDT 2011

Rathnashree,

1)      The ASHRAE baseline pump power requirement has been discussed in
the equest-users forum. There was not a consensus, but the votes were
leaning toward splitting the 22W/gpm between the primary and secondary
pumps, and not assigning 22W/gpm to each pump. See the archives here:
http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2010
-November/006942.html and here:
http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2010
-December/007044.html

2)      I believe the inputs for the chilled water pump power would be
"CCIRC-HEAD = 75", "CCIRC-IMPELLER-EFF = 0.65" and "CCIRC-MOTOR-EFF =
1.0".

3)      Again, per the archive threads I provided, there was no
consensus. You need to make a judgment call on how to split the power
up.

4)      I believe the inputs for CW pump power would be "TWR-PUMP-HEAD =
60.0", "TWR-IMPELLER-EFF = 0.60" and "TWR-MOTOR-EFF = 1.0".

Regards,

Bill