[Bldg-sim] Baseline pump efficiencies

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:02:28 PDT 2011

Hi Rathna,

Pay attention to the total Baseline chiller capacity as well.

1.) Baseline chillers <=300 tons: The chilled water loop is modeled with
constant primary/variable secondary flow with the secondary pump riding the
curve.  Primary chilled water loop (1 constant speed pump) + the secondary
chilled water loop (1 constant speed pump) +  the condenser water loop (1
constant speed pump);

2.) Baseline chillers >300 & < 600 tons: The chilled water loop is modeled
with constant primary / variable secondary flow.  Primary chilled water loop
(2 constant speed pump interlocked with associated chillers) + the secondary
chilled water loop (1 variable speed pump) + the condenser water loop (2
constant speed pump interlocked with associated chillers);

3.)  Baseline chillers >= 600 tons: The chilled water loop is modeled with
constant primary / variable secondary flow. Primary chilled water loop (2
constant speed pump interlocked with associated chillers) + the secondary
chilled water loop (1 variable speed pump) + the condenser water loop (2
constant speed pump interlocked with associated chillers);

My  understanding is, as long as 22W/gpm and 19W/gpm can be applied to all
baseline water pumps, you can allocate pump energy to each pump based on
your common sense (e.g. 6w/gpm for primary and 16w/gpm for secondary).  From
there, you should be able to adjust pump configuration to fulfil its
allocated energy.

Regards,

Cheney

LinkedIN @ http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/yu-cheney-chen/27/637/72b