[Bldg-sim] Generating or obtaining Real-Time load profiles?

jake spuggy spugggy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:12:55 PST 2012

Thanks all for the thoughtful responses.

The Smart Grid challenge I am studying is predicting demand spikes so that
they can be better treated.
Demand spikes force Utilities to overcompensate in ways that are often
energy inefficient, costly for consumers, and worse for the environment.

I'm here because Smart Grid researchers have very little real-time load
data for individual homes and manufacturing facilities.
Thus, EnergyPlus and other tools may provide the best approximations
available.

Real-time simulated building load data could be a game changer for the
smart grid.
Assuming of course, that the simulated loads reflect actual experience and
that the data is easily accessible to Smart Grid investigators.

My 2 cents,
--Jake