[Bldg-sim] simulate parallel fan powered VAV using equest

Andrew Craig AndrewC at InterfaceEng.Com
Fri Feb 24 08:35:07 PST 2012

Esmireta---

The parallel fan-powered boxes have their own power allotment once you
get into the Detailed Edit mode.  It is under the Air-Side HVAC tab.
Click on a zone and then the Air Flow tab.  This screen will show you
all of the information regarding the Zone Terminal unit and Fans.
ASHRAE 90.1-2007 Appendix G specifies 0.35 W/CFM for parallel
fan-powered boxes.

Andrew Craig PE, LEED AP
Project Mechanical Engineer

INTERFACE ENGINEERING
email andrewc at interfaceeng.com <mailto:andrewc at interfaceeng.com>
direct 503.382.2696

www.interfaceeng.com <http://www.interfaceeng.com/>

Interface recently certified our 88th LEED project. Our San Francisco
office is now LEED Gold CI.