[Bldg-sim] 90.1 Section 5.6 envelope trade off

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Fri Jun 15 06:28:08 PDT 2012

Again the problem wit COMcheck is the prescribed envelope
characteristic don't match the new Ontario Building Code values.  It
is unfortunate that COMCheck and ENVSTD have those values hard
coded.  It would have been great if those programs had been
constructed with a database that was open for revision based on the
local jurisdictions requirements.

I have found a volunteer to help develop a WEB based solution.  Don't
hold you breath, it is a spare-time project.

At 05:01 PM 14/06/2012, Gowri, Krishnan wrote:
>Nick is right, COMcheck is based on Appendix-C envelope trade-off
>equations.  It uses Appendix-A U-factor calculation methods for all
>recent 90.1 versions and state codes based on 90.1.  I do not know
>of any active updates to ENVSTD, so you may want to consider using
>COMcheck for trade-off compliance.
>
>COMcheck (desktop/web) software and technical support documents are
>available
>at:
><http://www.energycodes.gov/software.stm#tabs-2>http://www.energycodes.gov/software.stm#tabs-2

>Krishnan Gowri, Ph.D.