[Bldg-sim] Hot Water ReHeat in DOE-2

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Mon Mar 5 15:12:27 PST 2012

I am running a model on a hot water reheat VAV system using Energy Pro
and EP Support tells me that there is a DOE-2 restriction on the hot
water (boiler) setpoint that it MUST BE less than the condenser
setpoint.  Since the condenser doesn't touch the hot water loop, this
doesn't make sense to me from a physical standpoint, but if it's a DOE-2
restriction, then how do you model an (admittedly inefficient) hot water
reheat VAV system in DOE-2 with a water cooled condenser?

1)     Has anybody modeled a hot-water reheat VAV system in EP with a
water cooled condenser?  Can you give me a hint?

2)    Has anybody modeled a hot-water reheat VAV system in DOE-2 with a
water cooled condenser?  Any tricks needed to make it work?

This is an old system, so probably not for new construction, but I am
working on upgrades.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you can help, I will
appreciate it very much.

--
Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP
+1 916 966 9060