[Bldg-sim] district cooling

Abdullatif Ben-Nakhi abdnakhi at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 20:19:41 PDT 2012

Dear All,
It is stated in ASHRAE Handbook 2008 - HVAC Systems and Equipment – that one of the major factors for deciding on the applicability of district cooling is the design cooling load density DCLD (i.e., cooling load per unit area of the ground surface). I wonder if someone came up with a reference value of DCLD above which district cooling becomes feasible. I know that DCLD reference value will depend on many environmental and financial factors, However, I want to use the DCLD reference values that you will provide as verification indices for the DCLD reference value for Kuwait.
Many thanks in advance.

Ben-Nakhi